Costa Tropical Properties

Pensioners living in Spain, Important Info!

Anyone who moved to Spain from Britain after 8th March 2001 and lost their Disability Living Care Allowance, Carers Allowance or Attendance Allowance can now apply to have these reinstated without having to fulfil the “26 out of 52″ week rule.

According to the British consulate, The mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) was not affected by the judgement and remains non-exportable. However, the UK government has decided to take a different approach on those cases where people lost entitlement to DLA (care component), Attendance Allowance or Carers Allowance because they moved abroad before the ECJ’s judegement in 2007.

“While claimants will still have to satisfy the relevant disability or caring criteria the government accepts that these people will have been in the UK for 26 out of the previous 52 weeks when they left the UK. This means it will no longer expect them to meet this requirement when they ask for reinstatement. To benefit from this change, you must have moved abroad no earlier that 8/3/2001.

In order to apply to have an allowance reinstated, contact or write to PDCS, Warbreck House, Warbeck Hill Road, Blackpool. FY2 0YE, UK.

About Costa Tropical Properties C.B.

Costa Tropical Properties

We specialise in Property Sales whether it be Cortijos, Fincas, Villas, Village Houses, Apartments, or land that you are looking for, we can help you buy Spanish real estate on the Costa Tropical that suits you best, and becomes the place of your dreams.

Leave a Reply

You can use these XHTML tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <strong>